‘Digital Monument’ is Launched!
Now that FAM’s capital campaign for the physical monument is complete, FAM can focus on fundraising and producing what we call our “Digital Monument”:
- recording interviews with survivors, activists, community leaders and caregivers;
- collecting diverse stories from the public;
- building a timeline of significant events related to HIV/AIDS;
- capturing video footage from FAM’s events;
- producing an audio tour for visitors to the Monument; and
- creating audio recordings of selected postings on The AIDS Memorial on Instagram (@TheAIDSMemorial) so that stories of loss, resilience, activism and community can be heard while walking through the monument
The Digital Monument’s collection of stories will be housed in FAM’s redesigned mobile-friendly website which is scheduled to launch in the first half of 2021. The website redesign is being done by Loyal Design.
FAM’s upcoming events (including in-person gatherings, when safe) will focus on education, as well as community outreach and engagement.